- I like linear processes; I think it was very good that I chose a non-linear ISD model, as it stretched my capabilities and forced me to look at things in a different way and tested my ability to be flexible.
- I have difficulty taking charge - I have trouble leading the way; I must be more decisive; it was a good thing that the course revolved around facilitation - I learned some things from the subject matter.
- Control is not always possible - and I am a control freak.
- Things happen within the client’s time frame, not mine, even when a graduate capstone project deadline is looming.
- Morrison, Ross, and Kemp instructional design model may have been too complex to use with this client - too many steps. I did not need to use all the steps, but it was difficult for me to deviate from the model. Also, various resources stated that it could be utilized for any type of learning environment, but the more I utilized it the more I felt it was more of a classroom model - i.e., when writing the instructional strategies and looking at their examples and instructions in the book.
- I became caught up in the instructional design document/outline I created as I progressed through the project - I became so involved in creating that document, at times I lost sight of why I was creating this document and the purpose of the instructional design process - there is so much more to learn, and I hope I get an opportunity to do so.
- It is not always good to work with family. (My husband was my SME, primary contact, and partner in this project.) In a work/professional situation there are more boundaries. When you know the person on a more personal level it is more difficult to switch in to work mode. It was a little stressful.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Closing in on the end...or is it?
I think working on a capstone project doesn't just teach you about the tools that you are using, but also teaches you about yourself. Here are some things I have learned about both:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment