Friday, April 11, 2008

Two things have occupied my week: Moodle & My Dog

I know this is supposed to be a blog specifically for my capstone, but I have to make the note about my dog, Sidney. My poor pup (who is 12 years old) had to have a large lump removed on Tuesday. I then had to take her back to the vet yesterday (Thursday) and they kept her for the day because the space around her 4 inch incision filled with blood and she was in pain and lethargic. Then I had to take her back again today because in the course of 30 minutes she had massive bruising develop. Ugh. I've been a paranoid pet parent all week!

Other than that, I feel like I have been doing nothing but reading the forums on the Moodle.org site! As stated in a previous post, when I participated in the meeting with the folks from New Hampshire there were several questions that needed answering. I tried to find answers previously, but with final projects due for the semester I did not really have much time to devote to the research. So I delved in to it this week, knowing I was already late in responding. I probably spent at least 4 - 6 hours each day searching and reading, and I'm still not certain I have come up with the correct answers. I feel I am a little over my head, trying to truly be a Moodle expert when I am most certainly not. I understand they wish to understand the capabilities of Moodle prior to committing, especially if they are going to provide the funds to contract with a Moodle Partner(MP). If anything, this week has proven to me that they should contract with an MP. I certainly do not have the abilities to install and upgrade their Moodle site with what they need.

Speaking of Moodle Partners, I also need to contact them and interview them. The meeting attendees wanted a recommendations document. Guess that will have to wait until next week. I can only do so much.

No comments: