Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Team Member

The Division of FST & EMS has just hired a new staff member, Brad Weilbrenner, as their Quality Systems Specialist. He has a background in adult education and training, and was very excited when Michael, his manager and my subject matter expert for Quality Management, informed him of our intentions of developing an online course using Moodle. He was so excited, in fact, that he downloaded Moodle on to his computer and has been experimenting and exploring. Michael has asked that I perhaps sit down with him next week to give a brief overview of the Administrative side of Moodle, before Brad gets too far into it.

This is a big plus for the Division. There was some discussion as to who would manage the administrative side of the online courses in Moodle. A decision had not yet been made, but given Brad's background and his current job duties as Quality Systems Specialist, it looks like this will fit nicely within the scope of his job duties. I am not involved in the decision, of course, but I would be happy to see them have one person dedicated to the Moodle administration. I was somewhat afraid that after my capstone project was completed it would lose momentum on there end and stall, or be terminated all together. This gives a glimmer of hope that it will continue and hopefully expand.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I was somewhat afraid that after my capstone project was completed it would lose momentum on there end and stall, or be terminated all together.

This is good news, as I know you were concerned about this piece. One less thing to worry about :-)