On Monday, March 10, I met briefly with one of my contacts at the New Hampshire Division of Fire Standards and Training & Emergency Medical Services (NH FST & EMS). The exact topic for the course was finalized. Initially, the topic was going to be a general Introduction to Quality Management. In our discussion, the sponsor and I decided to narrow the subject matter to Facilitation. Facilitation is a means to streamline how you conduct a meeting. I asked for clarification as to how this relates to quality management. The simple explanation is:
Quality Management involves a Team or Teams > which requires Meetings > which require Facilitation to ensure that the meetings are effective and outcome-producing.
The Subject Matter Expert also provided me with some background materials regarding quality management and facilitation. This will give me a basic understanding of the topic.
1 comment:
Facilitation is a means to streamline how you conduct a meeting.
Well, I have been reading your posts backwards (starting with the most recent), so I asked a question on the post after this about facilitation which this post answers. Oops, I guess I should read in a chronological manner.
But I'm surprised to think that how to facilitate a meeting requires an entire course. Without knowing what their objectives might be, it almost seems as if this might be better suited to a module or "courselet".
We can talk about this though.
Post a Comment