Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Contact with Sponsor

Things are progressing on the sponsoring agency's side, though I feel like I am falling behind already. I sent the following email to my sponsor this morning, just to make sure she is aware of how things are progressing:

Good Morning.

I wanted to provide you with a brief update on the status of the project.
  • Michael and I discussed the class that he would like me to develop. We decided to narrow the subject from a general quality management course to facilitation, which is integral to quality management processes.
  • Michael provided me with some general background information on facilitation. Though he will be the subject matter expert in the development of the course, I thought it prudent that I have a basic understanding.
  • A meeting was held yesterday, Tuesday, March 18 to discuss some overall goals for the online educational program. Individuals involved in the meeting were Chip Cooper, Michael Schnyder, Vicki Blanchard, and Eric Perry. Michael informed them at the meeting of my involvement in the development of a course, and its facilitation in Moodle, the online course management system.
  • It was decided to schedule another meeting for next week to further discuss Moodle's capabilities. I will be giving a brief presentation on the topic. The tentative date for the meeting is Tuesday, March 25, time TBD.
I am happy to see the process moving forward. Though it will take time and a collaborative effort of all involved, I believe this will result in a product that will greatly benefit the EMS providers of the State of New Hampshire.

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I feel like I am falling behind already.

In what way do you feel behind? Seems to be you are pretty on top of things.

Will you tell me/remind me what you mean by Facilitation of quality management. does this means implementation of?