Monday, May 12, 2008

ID Model Decision!

My third post for today, and even though I had posted this morning that I felt I had made slow or no progress, I obviously have made progress in the last few weeks by regularly reviewing information on the various instructional design models. I spoke with my program director/capstone advisor after my initial post from this morning and discussed with her my thoughts about the ID models I was considering. I think I had come to my conclusion this morning prior to talking to her, but our conversation solidified things.

Even though I continued to consider other models - Organizational Elements Model, Criterion Referenced Instruction, Dee Fink's Integrated Course Design - I never moved away from the Morrison, Ross, and Kemp model. The model seems well-suited for my project, as well as the needs of my client; therefore, I will be using that model to develop the instructional design piece for my project. Here is an image that represents the model.


Image obtained from http://www.quasar.ualberta.ca/edit573/modules/module4.htm

I will probably also utilize John Keller's ARCS (Attention, Relevance, Confidence, Satisfaction) model. It emphasizes motivation as a key to successful instruction, and this is especially the case with adult instruction/education.

Next steps:
  • developing/determining the specific tasks for each of my deliverables, as listed in the Gantt chart; creating another checklist/chart utilizing a project management tool in order to carefully track my progress in completing the specific tasks
  • begin ID plan using Morrison, Ross, & Kemp model

No comments: